Friday, April 2, 2010

Heaven Chicken

OH. MY. GOODNESS.
Just had the YUMMIEST dish ever! Wow. Can't get over how yummy it was. Even better than the sugar cookies I cheated with!
I don't know the name of the recipe - I could look it up - but I'd rather just call it Heavenly!
So here it is, with my alterations:

100 g chicken breast/tender, cubed (not cooked)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp minced onion
2 cloves minced garlic (I didn't have any; didn't put it in)
1/4 tsp oregano, garlic powder & onion powder
1/4 c. water
1 c. chopped tomatoes (I used 1/2 can diced tomatoes - Italian style - and pureed it)
3 fresh leaves basil (I didn't have fresh; just sprinkled dried)
salt, pepper & cayenne to taste (I didn't use any - didn't need it)

Brown chicken in lemon juice. I ended up spraying a couple spritzes of olive oil to make sure it wouldn't stick. Add onion, garlic, spices, & water.
Once chicken is all cooked, add tomatoes and basil.
Cook 10 mins longer.
S&P to taste.

It looked like a thick paste by the end. I ate it with a slice of Wasa bread - soooo yummy.
Definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment