Thursday, March 4, 2010

4a

Went to the Huff's "Going Away" party. It's hard resisting all the carbs I see in our house all day, but when you're at a party and people are just going on and on about how delicious the brownies are - that just plain sucks.
I did my best to just stay out of the kitchen and away from all the goodies (frosted sugar cookies! waaa!), but I wasn't entirely successful.
Also I told Tracy about the "diet." I was looking to her for support since she's on a no-flour, no-sugar regimen. Sorta regretting that. On the one hand, she knows how hard it is and makes a great cheerleader. On the other hand, she reacted just as I feared - worried, questioning the program, etc.
I really don't want to have to explain myself to anyone. It's not up for debate. This is something I chose and anyone else's opinion is completely irrelevant. And I certainly don't need people checking in on my progress. There is a definite difference between support and being nosy.
The worst part of telling her is that she's convinced that I should attend OA (overeaters anonymous) with her. Hmmmm. Sorry, I don't want to commit to never eating flour or sugar again. I know, I know, "just commit for today." That's not it. I don't want to never eat flour or sugar again. I want to learn how to be balanced. Maybe that's not possible. I don't know. But I'm not ready to rule it out just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment